Sunday, February 27, 2011

Inverness and the Loch Ness Monster

This weekend has been some of the best two days since I have been here in Scotland. This was partly due to the weather which is in the 50s and sunny with some of the bluest skies I have ever seen and partly due to being able to travel for the first time. It's not that I have been in a bad mood since I have arrived in the gray city of Aberdeen, but when the sun is shining and its nice out I am so happy and in such a good mood. Nothing can ruin my day!

On Friday, I had a half day at work and then went on another bus adventure with Ryan. The day consisted of...
while eating it on a...
We then went to Brig O' Don.

Brig O' Don crosses over a river that leads into the North Sea. There was the Sea Trail and the Fun Beach.



On Saturday, we took a day trip to Inverness and Loch Ness. We all met up at 7am (way too early) for our 7:50 am Megabus to Inverness. After four hours on the bus we finally arrived. If you asked the others, they will probably say the bus was horrible because it was too long and they couldn't seep. I, on the other hand, loved the bus. I stayed up looking at all the new scenery. I saw highland cows, sheep, waterfalls, small villages, the greenest grass, and the highlands of Scotland. I was so excited to see something new (kinda like a kid in a candy store). Scotland really does have some really beautiful country side.  Once we arrived, Kristen and I walked around the town. We ate at a little cute dinner that only had eight tables in it and two people working. Our waitor was extremely nice and had the best accent I have ever heard. I am not sure if it was Scottish or Irish but I am sure it was amazing.


The reason we went to Inverness was because of Loch Ness. We took a tour of the lake on a boat that then dropped us off at Urquhart Castle. This was the first "castle" we have been to. It was more or less the castle's ruins but still a castle none the less. I would rather show you our trip rather than talk about it. Videos are a way better representation of Loch Ness while I wouldn't do it justice.




CHEERS!
  

.

No comments:

Post a Comment