Friday, February 18, 2011

A day in the Life of Hannah

Alright here it is... I had probably one of the most unlucky days yesterday. I will tell you as much as I can, but I can't tell you all. I don't want my whole entire life and all of its details posted on the Internet. So I felt sick all morning and couldn't really concentrate at work. I then had to go to school for a mandatory referencing session where I learned everything I already knew about the Harvard referencing style. The whole business school uses it except the law school. I of course am taking two classes in the law school where they use footnotes and I have no idea how to do that. So that was just a waste of time. I was in the library before the meeting talking to Ewan and almost got kicked out of the library because we were talking to each other. If you really know me you would know I love the library and would never want to get kicked out of one ha. Well I went back to work and had some very unexpected news leading to some awkward moments. (I will leave it there sorry for the nonexistent details). This and another thing probably made my day but those are the two things that you will never know. I finally got home from work and was getting ready to go out for the night. Kristen was suppose to come by my flat before we went out so I was waiting for her to ring my doorbell. When the doorbell rang, I ran to the door and swung it open and while doing that the door stubbed my toe and ripped my big toe nail off. It started bleeding and it hurt soo bad. I finally got to the door and it wasn't Kristen. I got all excited for no reason. That was when I decided to just give up and wear sweatpants and flipflops even though I was already dressed for the night. Finally Kristen arrived and we walked over to Tony's flat to watch Adventure Time. When I got inside I bent down for some reason and when I came back up I hit my head on the stair railing. Needless to say I fell down on the floor and started laughing soo hard because I figured what else could possibly go wrong today. I laughed soo hard that I started crying ha. We left Tony's flat and headed off to the Union and Liquid. I went out for the night in sweatpants, flipflops and a t-shirt. I don't know how I got in to the club because all clubs have a dress code. I guess my American charm did it. I looked extremely out of place compared to the girls in short dresses and heels. OO well that is totally me. This morning I overslept and got ready in five minutes for work.

I also was moping around yesterday about the dang weather again. I know I should have expected bad weather and what not, but I didn't think about how it would ruin all my plans.  On Valentine's Day the sun kind of exploded leaving the atmospheric conditions for yesterday and today perfect for the Northern Lights. I was so excited yesterday that I had the chance to see the Northern Lights that I signed up for AuroraWatch. It is a website that will send you email alerts when there is a good chance of seeing the lights. I researched online for where, when, and what time would be the best and even looked up how to take pictures of the lights. Then I realized it was cloudy and you wouldn't be able to see them even if they were there. Maybe tonight! I will remain optimisticish...

I wish I could have told you the whole story about my life yesterday but I can't. I am sure you would have loved it even more.

Cheers
Figured you wouldn't believe me.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you need help with footnoting. I had to learn to do it for law school and would be more than willing to walk you through it ;)

    ReplyDelete