Sunday, February 13, 2011

RainRain Go Away

The rain ruined my plans for today. I really wanted to go to Stonehaven/ do anything besides sit in my flat today but mother nature was not on my side. I need to start traveling or I might go crazy. I want to see everything while I am here and not just stay in Aberdeen the whole time. I think next weekend I will plan something and if it decides to rain (which it most likely will) I will say screw you rain and just do it anyways. I will be real upset if the whole semester goes by and I haven't done everything I wanted to do. Planning trips is not my thing but I need to learn to make it my thing.

I just washed my clothes for the first time since I have been here (yes it was a huge load) but I put it on bright colors cycle which is suppose to be a cool cycle. When I went to go get my clothes out of the washing machine they were warm/hot. Meaning it did not wash my clothes on a cold cycle and I hope that it didnt shrink any of my clothes or else I will be one livid girl. I decided to not dry them and instead they are now all hanging clothes rack which i borrowed from my flatmate.

I tried to order books off of Amazon and then saw that it could take 40 or so days for them to be delivered to Aberdeen so I didnt buy them. Then I went to work and told them about it and they told me I need to type amazon.co.uk instead of amazon.com. It is things like that where you don't consider that your living in another country and things here are different than they are at home. Even the learning culture is different over here. In America's academic system, you don't learn much about other countries. However, over here the professors will teach you about America and other countries around the world. I like that a lot better. No wonder people think Americans are ignorant (we are only taught about America and nothing else).

Cheers

America should.. teach more about the entire world and focus less on itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment