Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I live in a Zoo (preferably a petting zoo)

I am currently trying to write a paper for one of my classes but cannot concentrate because there is a zoo outside of my window. I can hear cows, seagulls, cats, sheep, screaming children, etc. If you are currently saying to yourself, I didn't know Hannah lived by a zoo it's probably safe to say it's because I don't. Instead, I live in Woolmanhill which is basically equivalent to a zoo or better yet a fraternity. I guess its the fun/ cool thing here to make animal noises at 11:30 pm on a Tuesday night. I am not sure where these "animals" are. I looked outside my window and saw nothing. Maybe I am just going crazy but there is definitely a zoo out there somewhere. I swear. Ironically enough, yesterday someone told me that I would be so happy if I found a petting zoo here. I agreed and now what do I get.. A ZOO OUTSIDE MY WINDOW!

My blogs are becoming more few and far between. I guess its because I am keeping myself more occupied with other things. I am finally beginnng to do some school work and becoming productive with my life. Life right now is a lot different than it would be in Tulsa. Its neither better nor worse just different. Everyone in Tulsa is looking forward to spring break and summer and it feels like I just started school. My days here usually go from 9am-5pm. I am either at school all day or at work. There is no time during the day to just sit and relax at home. I am sick of having to wake up two hours before class starts so I have enough time to get ready, eat breakfast, and hop on a 30 minute bus ride to school. I like being able to wake up 15 minutes before class and make it there on time. I also wish I could wear sweatpants to school. Most say I shouldnt do it but I will before school is over. Maybe sometime next week. Last night my roommates put baby oil on the outside of my door. If you don't know how to clean up baby oil its probably because there isn't a way. I tried soap and water but my door is still slippery. I'm surprised i haven't run into the door because that is something I would do.

We are going to Dublin on Thursday. I can't wait to tell you all about it. My goals in Dublin are... to do an Irish jig in a bar, to drink a cup of Guiness with a four leaf clover in the foam, to visit Trinity College and St. Patrick's Cathedral, to see seals and to climb a hill. We come back from Dublin on Sunday night and are staying in a hostel while we are there.

Last Friday I went to a really pretty beach. It had natural sand dunes, white sand, fun sea shells and everything else a good beach should have. I also went to a Mexican restaurant. I had a really expensive burrito that wasn't worth it. It didn't even come with a side of rice and beans. Eric and I split a delicious brownie stack with warm brownies, vanilla ice cream and hot fudge. Although I said it wasn't worth it, it was definitely a neccessity because I was craving Mexican food like none other!

These are pictures from the beach

Groups of Americans should never make sounds as if they were all in a zoo.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment