Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's Been Way Too Long

I haven't blogged in the longest time, so sorry about that lads. Unfortunately, I haven't gone on any amazing trips since Dublin so I can't talk to you about that. However, I do have a pretty interesting life here in Aberdeen. So I guess some updates are necessary.


Uni (aka school)...
I finished my first coursework in my Jurisprudence class. My classes are either 30% coursework and 70% examination or 100% coursework. Uni here is set up a lot different than it is back in Tulsa and I have decided I don't like it very much in comparison. I don't want my final grade in the class to come down to one paper and one exam (let's talk about stressful much?) My paper in Jurisprudence was on whether or not I thought parents should have the right to refuse medical treatment on behalf of their children. In my view, no one should have the right to deny medical treatment for someone else which would in result cause harm. Parents should only have the right to permit medical treatment and that is about it. My paper also went a little into how some religions do not believe in certain treatments. I am sure you don’t really want to hear any more about that but it has consumed a large amount of my time. I blame writing my paper on the reason why I haven’t wrote in my blog. But classes are classes. My worse class is money and financial markets. I will just tell you what a typical tutorial is like in that class. Every week, I watch a group give a presentation by reading directly off a piece of paper. The presentation lasts about 10 minutes and then class is over. I can’t wait until our presentation so we can show the class how to give a presentation instead how NOT to give a presentation. The good thing about school is that I only have it on Monday and Tuesday. The bad news about school is that I am there all day.


Work
I have never really worked during the school year so it's been a struggle. I enjoy work but it takes up a lot of your time. Monday through Thursday I am gone from at least 9am to 5:30pm so it is difficult to stay motivated when you get home from work or uni. If I am at work for the day, I stare at a computer screen all day at work and then come home and stare at my laptop. It really hurts your eyes! I am sure I will be blind by the end of this experience. By the way, the end is less than two months away.. OOO noo. It has already gone by so quickly. 

So other random stuff.. I made American dinner last night. I made butter chicken, baked potatoes, broccoli and then for dessert I had ice cream and cookies that I warmed up. I love Mondays because we get dank food! I tried to cook my potatoes in the oven but it did NOT work. They were in there for over an hour and hardly cooked. So I put them in the microwave and that wasn't really working so then I boiled them. The boiling water kept on jumping out at me tho! Then I also burnt my finger on the oven getting the chicken out. We don't have real life oven mittens so we use a kitchen towel. Kitchen towels are really thin and they don't really stop the heat from burning your hand. All and all though, I think the meal was pretty good. I was proud of myself for not making pasta which is what I make every other night. Today, Kristen and I were riding the bus to school and saw the most beautiful rainbow! You could actually see the entire rainbow from one side of the arc to the other. I thought there could have been a pot of gold at the end of it. I wish I had my camera on me but I didn't. Sad day right! 

Kristen and I leave for Italy on Thursday! I can't wait. My parents are meeting us in London on Thursday night and then we are flying to Pisa on Friday morning. We will spend the day in Pisa and then travel to to small towns around Italy with my aunt and uncle who live in Florence. Then on Sunday, I think, we will travel to Florence for a couple of days. Then to Rome on Thursday for two days! On Saturday, April 9th we come back to Aberdeen. I am sure I will have a novel for you to read once we get back.

So, my puppy, Shadow, passed away on Thursday. He was going to be 13 on April 1st. This weekend was a pretty sad weekend for my family and me because Shadow was a big part of our life. He was the best dog anyone could ever wish for, but I know he is happy eating ice cubes in Heaven. Love you Shadow.

Cheers
Americans should travel to Europe more often because it is great!

Here is a little Spring for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment